The Web Manual Reader makes it easy to navigate through the documents assigned to you. The Reader interface also includes the ability to comment on pages, add pages to favourites, print options and find information by using the Search function.
- Receiving Your Username and Password
The Web Manuals experience begins when you first receive your login information from your system administrator. With this information along with the URL to your Web Manual site, you will be able to log in and experience Web Manuals first-hand. Whenever you enter the Web Manuals site, you will be prompted to enter your login information
- The dashboard
Now you are logged in, and all ready to start the journey with us!
The Reader Dashboard is where readers will find all up-to-date documentation and it’s also the first view for all users to see. The different tabs displayed in the middle of the page are what we call dashboard items. This view, you can customize under the profile icon in the top left corner. If you want to hide or display any of these items, you can untick/tick the boxes for each item. Unread, Operationally Critical, Latest, Review, and Tags are the most common items. If you have more items in your list of customization, it is that the admin has created more.
The little blue Help icon on the right-hand side of your view will be your best friend. Clicking on this icon will provide you with valuable information on these different items, the settings, and a description of the main menu tabs.
Here is what the different items display:
Here you find all the documents that you have received a reminder for and have not read yet. The total number of unread documents can be found in the top-right corner of the section. Click on a document to open it. Note that only Web Documents, PDF files, and images can be opened in the Web Manuals Reader. All other types of documents need to be downloaded. The same applies to the following sections.
Here you find all documents that have been marked as operationally critical and that are therefore key to your operations.
Here you find all the most recently published documents regardless of whether or not you have already read them.
Here you find the documents that you need to review. Clicking on one of these documents will open the Reader in review mode.
Here you find the documents that you have access to grouped by their tags. By clicking on Show all next to each section, you can see all documents in the section. Sections can also be accessed from the left-hand side menu.
The main menu on the left side of the page allows you to open the following tabs and information:
- Dashboard: The first view when users log in
- Unread: View the list of documents you still need to read
- Review: View the list of documents that need to be reviewed
- Documents: View the list of all documents that you have access to. The documents are grouped into categories. The numbers to the right of each category indicate the total number of manuals contained in that category including the subcategories. Under “My documents” you can see documents that you as a reader individually have made. When you open up a manual, you can click on the start button in the little page menu and thereby mark it to be “My document”.
- Admin: If you are an Editor/Admin, the left-hand side menu also shows Administrator, which takes you to the Admin interface of Web Manuals. You can also see Customer Portal, which takes you to your Customer Portal where you can monitor your invoices, the usage of your site, your support tickets, and the option to sign up for our Academy training sessions.
- Search in documents:
The comprehensive search function allows the user to search for keywords inside Web documents, Word files, and PDFs. Typing a query in the search field, you can look for the typed word/s in the document you are currently reading or in all documents that you have access to. By clicking on one of the documents among the results, you can open the document.