This function allows the user to create simple tables by clicking on the table icon.
- Click the table icon in the menu to bring up the table grid.
- Choose how many rows and columns the table should have by hovering the table grid and left click.
- The table will now appear on the page.
Editing Table Properties
- Right click on the table.
- Click Table Properties.
- The table properties window will now be available for editing.
Editing Cell Properties
- Right click the Table.
- Click Cell.
- Click Cell Properties.
- The Cell Properties window will now be available for editing.
In Cell Properties you can configure Width and Height, Cell Type, Rows and Columns Span as well as if you want Word Wrap to be enabled, how the text in the cell should be aligned and Background Color and Border Color.
Tip: If you want the cells to have equal width, choose percent in the drop-down menu next to Width and type 25% (if you have four columns), this will give the value of 25% width to each column
Merge and split cells
- Highlight the cells you wish to merge.
- Right-click on the selection.
- Select Cell.
- Click Merge Cells
Tip: Either select the text in the cells you want to merge and click Merge Cells in the Cell menu, or select text in one cell and click Merge Right or Merge Down.
- Highlight the cell you wish to split and right-click on the selection.
- Select Cell.
- Click on either Split Cell Horizontally or Split Cell Vertically.
Merging two tables
If you have two tables in the same Text Section you can merge these into one table.
- Right-click inside the first table.
- Select Advanced.
- Click Merge with table below.
Note: If both tables have headers, the headers from the selected table will be used.
Columns can be sorted both with ascending sorting and descending sorting.
To sort a column select text in a cell in the column you want to sort, right-click and go to Column and choose Sort Ascending or Sort Descending.